UPDATED ROAD CLOSURES - NW 26th Street Widening & Resurfacing Project
Polk County is performing roadway construction along NW 26th Street beginning April 2021 and ending Fall 2021, weather permitting. NW 26th Street will be resurfaced and widened from a 2-lane roadway to a 5-lane roadway with a center turn lane. Work on this project also includes concrete curb and gutter, trail reconstruction, storm sewer installation, retaining walls, and grading improvements. Traffic along NW 26th Street will remain open.
Traffic has been shifted to the east side of the road so that Stage 2 can begin along the west side of NW 26th Street. The following side roads and trail sections will be closed at some point during Stage 2. The order of the closures may vary.
- Oralabor Gateway Trail - trail closed from NW 70th Ave to Oralabor Rd and will be reopened at the end of the project in Fall 2021 (view reroute map)
- NW 70th Ave (west side) - before/after NW 73rd Ave closure
- NW 73rd Ave - before/after NW 70th Ave closure
- NE 74th Ave - before/after NW 76th Ave closure
- NW 76th Ave - before/after NW 74th Ave closure