Walk-In Passport Services are available to the public from 7:30am to 3:45pm, Monday thru Friday. For more information call 515-286-3160.
A passport is an internationally recognized travel document that verifies the identity and nationality of the bearer. A valid U.S. passport is required to enter and leave most foreign countries.
The Polk County Recorder's Office is a passport acceptance facility and can assist any U.S. citizen, who meets the passport application requirements. We can help you with obtaining a new passport. For more info choose from one of the links below:
- The Recorder's Office will not process Passport Applications after 3:45pm due to time constraints.
- Forms must be filled out in black ink only.
- Routine Passport delivery takes 6 to 8 weeks.
- You can track the status of your passport online.
- Photos are provided for $10.00.
For complete passport information please visit: U.S. Department of State