Polk County Veteran Affairs

  • Where can I get my DD-214?

    • Recorders office in your county – Polk County 515-286-3160
    • Camp Dodge, if your home of record was Iowa – 515-727-3441
    • If your home of record was another state: http://www.va.gov/statedva.htm Click on your state and call the State Veteran Affairs Office.
    • If you are unable to locate them at any of the above places you may request ones from National Archives Personal Records: http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/standard-form-180.html This site will also tell you how to locate any of your other records that you may need a copy of.
  • Contact Us

    Polk County River Place
    2309 Euclid Avenue
    Des Moines, IA 50310
    Phone: 515-286-3670