Jester Park Natural Playscape
The Jester Park Natural Playscape is not a run of the mill playground. It is a play area constructed using natural materials such as boulders, earth mounds, and water features, avoiding plastics, metals, concrete, or signs explaining how to play.
Children that climb trees, roll down hills, scramble up rocks, dam up water, and hide in grass experience natural play. This type of play frees the child’s imagination to limitless learning opportunities. By using the approach of a Natural Playscape instead of a fabricated playground, children’s creativity will be challenged with adventurous natural activities and objects. Read more about the Jester Park Natural Playscape.
Watch this video for more ideas on connecting kids and nature.
The Playscape is free and open to the public. Visitors should wear shoes and clothes that can get wet and dirty!
Please observe these rules during your visit:
- This playscape is designed for children ages 5 years and older
- Parents are to supervise and watch their children at all times
- Do not climb trees or stone pillar
- Do not throw rocks, pick flowers or feed animals
- Pets and bicycles are not allowed
- Shoes must be worn at all times
- Areas of the playscape may be slippery when wet
- Call 911 for emergencies