Polk County Health Department Tentative COVID-19 Vaccine Timeline
January 5, 2021
Based on vaccine supply, this is a TENTATIVE TIMELINE on when we will see vaccine in our community for the following phases. Please note this is a fluid situation and can change at any time.
In Polk County, we are currently vaccinating Phase 1A.
- Healthcare Personnel
- Long-term Care Facility Residents and Staff
Vaccination of Phase 1A will likely continue through Spring 2021.
Phase 1b will start right after phase 1A.
- Frontline essential workerssuch as fire fighters, police officers, corrections officers, food and agricultural workers, United States Postal Service workers, manufacturing workers, grocery store workers, public transit workers, and those who work in the educational sector (teachers, support staff, and daycare workers.)
- People aged 75 years and olderbecause they are at high risk of hospitalization, illness, and death from COVID-19. People aged 75 years and older who are also residents of long-term care facilities should be offered vaccination in Phase 1a.
Phase 1C will start right after phase 1B.
- People aged 65—74 yearsbecause they are at high risk of hospitalization, illness, and death from COVID-19. People aged 65—74 years who are also residents of long-term care facilities should be offered vaccination in Phase 1A.
- People aged 16—64 years with underlying medical conditionswhich increase the risk of serious, life-threatening complications from COVID-19.
- Other essential workers, such as people who work in transportation and logistics, food service, housing construction and finance, information technology, communications, energy, law, media, public safety, and public health.
The general public will start after Phase 1C. This is likely to occur mid to late 2021.
*Vaccine distribution timeline is dependent upon vaccine supply*