Photo © IRIS22 Productions LLC
Polk County Conservation takes great pride in our parks and wildlife, making every attempt to offer the public a safe and beautiful place for all park and trail users.
We offer numerous rental opportunities for special events and large and small group gatherings, such as enclosed facilities, open air shelters, cabins, and other spaces made available to the public.
- Jester Park Amphitheater
- Jester Park Cabins
- Jester Park Equestrian Center
- Jester Park Golf Course
- Jester Park Lodge
- Jester Park Nature Center
- Lauridsen Skatepark
- Park Shelters
- Thomas Mitchell Park Cabin
For events that will require additional planning (i.e. weddings, company activities, bike/race events) a Special Event Application is required prior to 45 days of the scheduled event.
Download a Special Events Application here or pick up a physical copy at the Jester Park Nature Center. We also encourage you to contact the Park Ranger in the park your event is planned to answer any questions you may have.
- Chichaqua Bottoms Greenbelt - James Dotzler: (515) 249 -0702
- Fort Des Moines Park & Easter Lake Park - Dean Bruscher: (515) 249-1543
- Jester Park & Sycamore Trails - David Weidt: (515) 249-3229
- Thomas Mitchell Park & Mally's Weh-Weh-Neh-Kee Park - Zachary Deutmeyer: (515) 285-7612
- Yellow Banks Park - Charlie Finch: (515) 250-1031
A Vendor Application form must be completed for anyone wishing to use public managed lands for programs, services or other benefits that may be allowed by permit.