Polk County issues local Construction Permits for air pollutant sources. Initial Construction Permits, must be obtained prior to initiation of construction. After operation has commenced, source must obtain and annually renew their Operating Permit. Polk County also administers the Federal permitting of major sources regulated under Title V of the Clean Air Act as directed by the Iowa DNR.
Polk County Appeal and Hearing Procedures in Chapter V, Article XIV, Sections 5.62-6.67
Construction Permit Forms
- Construction Permit (CP) Application(1.2020)
- Construction Permit (CP) Application Short Form (1.2020)
- Supplemental Form - B (Boiler)
- Supplemental Form - E (Engine)
- Supplemental Form - M (Air Dispersion Modeling Determination)
- Supplemental Form - MD (Air Dispersion Modeling Form)
- 2020 Permit Fee Schedule (Effective 1/1/2020)
Is a modification to my construction permit needed?
Air Dispersion Modeling -General Guidance