*We only take Passport Applications by Appointment. Please call 515-286-3160 to make an appointment. To Find a list of Passport Acceptance Facilities click here or you can find local USPS locations for Passports here.*
A passport is an internationally recognized travel document that verifies the identity and nationality of the bearer. A valid U.S. passport is required to enter and leave most foreign countries.
The Polk County Recorder's Office is a passport acceptance facility and can assist any U.S. citizen, who meets the passport application requirements. We can help you with obtaining a new passport. We only take Passport Applications by Appointment. Please call 515-286-3160 to make an appointment. For more info choose from one of the links below:
- The Recorder's Office will not process Passport Applications after 3:00pm due to time constraints. Please call 515-286-3160 to make your passport appointment.
- Forms must be filled out in black ink only.
- Routine Passport delivery takes up to 14 weeks.
- Expedited Passport delivery takes up to 10 weeks.
- You can track the status of your passport online.
- Photos are provided for $15.00
- Please bring in a check or money order for Passports fees made out to the U.S. Department of State. Photos and Acceptance Fees can be paid by Check, Cash or Credit to the Polk County Recorder.
For complete passport information please visit: U.S. Department of State