To create the conditions for all people to live healthy lives by engaging residents, reducing health disparities and attending to the needs of our most vulnerable families.
To be a leader in encouraging everyone to take responsibility for improving their own health and building the kind of society that supports and enables all of us to live healthy lives.
Our Core Responsibilities
- Prevent disease outbreaks and epidemics
- Prepare for and respond to disasters
- Ensure access to key health services
- Promote and encourage the establishment of healthy habits
- Protect against environmental hazards
- Lead a strong local public health system
- Learn what really matters to people