Polk County Conservation Youth Corps engages and inspires diverse youth through hands-on environmental stewardship projects, outdoor recreation, and conservation education.
Youth Corps offers paid service-learning opportunities for ages 14+ in Polk County, Iowa. We have spring, summer, and fall options for Crew Members (ages 14-18) and summer positions for Crew Leaders (ages 19+). Join us!
SAFE - SOCIAL - SERVICE LEARNING
Get out of the house and work outside in parks this spring. We'll be socially distanced and masked when distance is not possible. We provide transportation for those who need it, equipment, tools, training, and food. For teenagers who want to make a difference in the outdoors.
- Work | 5 weeks - Tuesdays & Thursdays after school + 2 Saturdays & 1 Sunday
- Meet | TBD (Tues./Thurs. 4:30 PM - 7:30 PM, Sat. 8am-3:00pm)
- Dates | March 28 + 30, April 1st, April 4 + 6, 11 + 13, 15 - 16, 18 + 20, 25 + 27, April 29
- Earn | $400 Stipend + Overnight camping trip
- Apply | Applications close February 15, 2023
Youth ages 14-18 form daytime summer crews. Teams of 10 teens and 2 adult leaders work on challenging projects that help the community and learn fun outdoor skills each week. Everyone earns a weekly stipend.
- Work | 4 weeks - Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Session 1:June 5 - June 30
- Session 2: July 10 - August 4
- Earn | $200 Stipend per week ($800 total) + 2-night camping trip
- Apply | Applications close April 15, 2023
The 8-week fall session meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays after school (4:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.) and four Saturdays (8 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.). This crew experience will include an overnight camping trip in Iowa during the session.
Spend your summer outside and inspire young people through environmental stewardship projects. Gain experience with habitat restoration, crew supervision, facilitating conversations, and teaching outdoor skills. Find more information here.
Visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page or for more information about this program, contact: