Polk County Conservation Youth Corps aims to engage and inspire diverse youth through hands-on environmental stewardship projects, outdoor recreation, and conservation education.
Youth Corps offers paid service-learning opportunities for ages 15+ in Polk County, Iowa. We have Spring, Summer, and Fall options for Crew Members (ages 15-18) and Summer/Seasonal positions for Crew Leaders (ages 19+). Join us!
Work outside in parks this spring. We provide transportation to the project, equipment, tools, and training. For teenagers who want to make a difference in the outdoors.
- Work | 5 weeks - Tuesdays after school + 3 Saturdays
- Meet | Urbandale HS (Tues. @ 3:30, Sat. @ 8) & Hoover HS (Tues. @ 3:45, Sat. @ 8:10)
- Dates | March 24, 28, 31 & April 7, 11, 14, 21, 25-26
- Earn | $200 Stipend + Overnight camping trip in Polk County (April 25-26)
- Apply | Applications closed February 17
Teens ages 15-18 to form daytime summer crews. Teams of 10 teens and 2 adult leaders work on challenging projects in the summer heat and learn outdoor skills each week. Everyone earns a weekly stipend.
- Work |4 weeks - Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Session 1: June 1-26
- Session 2: July 6-31
- Earn | $200 Stipend per week ($800 total) + 2-night camping trip in Iowa
- Apply | Applications closed March 31
The 10-week fall session meets on Tuesdays and Wednesdays after school (4 p.m. -7 p.m.) and five Saturdays (8 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.). This crew experience will include two overnight camping trips in Iowa during the session, each one paired with one of our Saturday workdays.
- Work |10 weeks - Tuesdays & Wednesdays after school + 5 Saturdays
- August 25, 26, 29
- September 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 19-20, 22, 23, 29, 30
- October 3, 6, 7, 13, 14, 17-18, 20, 21, 27, 28, 31
- Camping Trip Dates: September 19-20 & October 17-18
- Earn | $600 Stipend + 2 nights camping & outdoor recreation
- Apply | Applications closed August 4
Request notifications for future positions: Click Here
Get paid to work outside and inspire young people through environmental stewardship projects. Gain experience with habitat restoration, crew supervision, facilitating conversations, and teaching outdoor skills. Find more information here.
For questions and more information about this program, contact:
Youth Corps Coordinator