Broadway Avenue Improvement Project
NE Broadway Avenue (NE 46th Avenue) will be closed between NE 38th Street & Hubbell Avenue during the day on Friday, November 10th, 2023 for asphalt paving operations.
NE Broadway Avenue (NE 46 Avenue) is closed at NE 20 Lane.
Please travel with caution in this area and obey all work zone signs and work zone speed limits.
Improvements along Broadway Avenue between NW 2nd Avenue/IA 415 and Hubbell Avenue/US 6, approximately 5.4 miles.
- Reconstruction to an urban section with a center two-way left turn lane with curb and gutter and storm sewer.
- Roadway underpass below dual UPRR tracks and improvements to two other at-grade UPRR crossings.
- Lowering of Broadway Avenue under I-235 to remove the “Low Clearance” designation and provide more efficient truck routes.
- Trail construction on the north side of Broadway Avenue from 2nd Avenue / IA 415 to Four Mile Creek Bridge.
- Sidewalk construction from Four Mile Creek Bridge to just west of Hubbell Avenue / US 6.
- Roundabout construction at NE 38th Street and NE 46th Street
- Traffic signalization upgrades along the corridor.
- Major construction begins in the spring of 2023 and completion is scheduled for 2026.
Broadway Avenue Project Plans:
- Construction Staging
- Stage 1 Detour - Updated 10/25/2023
- NE 38th Roundabout
- NE 46th Roundabout
If you have additional questions, please email: Broadway.Project@polkcountyiowa.gov