ATV/Boat/Snowmobile Department

Welcome to Polk County ATV/Boat/Snows! We can help with:

The Polk County Recorder's Office issues ATV, boat and snowmobile registrations, titles and liens on titles. We also collect sales tax on casual boat sales. If you need assistance or have any questions, call 515-286-3162 or send us an email.

If you have received an Online Renewal Notice in the mail, please click here.


We are open to the public 8:00am - 4:30pm Monday thru Friday. For same day service of Vital Records you must be in the office by 3:30pm. Passports are by appointment only. Call 515-286-3160 with any questions or to set up an appointment.