Commodity Supplemental Foods
Polk County Commodity Supplemental Food provides supplemental foods and nutrition education at no cost to low income seniors age 60 and over in Polk, Dallas, Boone, Jasper, Story and Warren counties
Individuals receive healthy nutritious foods such as:
- Bottled Juice
- Canned Fruits
- Canned Vegetables
- Hot and Cold Cereals
- Peanut Butter and Beans
- Shelf stable 1% Milk and Powdered Milk
Participants shop in a grocery store-like atmosphere at Polk County River Place - 2309 Euclid Ave. Des Moines, Iowa. Delivery is available for those with transportation and/or health related issues at NO COST!
Monthly newsletters provide great nutrition and health articles, as well as delicious recipes using the food you receive from the store
Hours are Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm but we are closed the last two working days of each month and on county holidays.
THINGS NEEDED TO APPLY
- Proof of age. This is required and could be a driver’s license, birth certificate, state ID, etc.
- Monthly Income. This is self-declared and no proof is necessary. (Please see Senior Guidelines)
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply over the phone please call 515-286-3655.
- Print and mail an application Commodity Supplemental Food Program Senior Application
- Apply in person at Polk County River Place, 2309 Euclid Avenue in Des Moines. Proof of age is required.
- Ask for an application to be mailed to you by calling 515-286-3655.
(515) 286-3655 or 1-877-288-3655
Polk County River Place
2309 Euclid Avenue
Des Moines, IA 50310