Preventive Measure (Des Moines)
Click here to access Prevention -Des Moines Map.
Map of city limits (Des Moines), zip codes limits, and indicators for preventive measures by census-tract level area in Des Moines. Data provided by the 500 Cities Project (*)
The map includes the following indicators:
- Annual Checkup = Visits to doctor for routine checkup within the past year among adults aged ≥ 18 years
- Cholesterol Screening = Cholesterol screening among adults aged ≥ 18 years
- Colorectal Cancer Screening = Fecal occult blood test, sigmoidoscopy, or colonoscopy among adults aged 50–75 years
- Core Preventive Services = Older adults aged ≥ 65 years who are up to date on a core set of clinical preventive services by age and sex
- Dental Visit = Visits to dentist or dental clinic among adults aged ≥ 18 years
- Health Insurance = Current lack of health insurance among adults aged 18–64 years
- Mammography = Mammography use among women aged 50-74 years
- Pap Smear Test = Papanicolaou smear use among adult women aged 21-65 years
- Taking BP Medication = Taking medicine for high blood pressure control among adults aged ≥ 18 years with high blood pressure
Click here to access Prevention -Des Moines map.
(*) The 500 Cities project is a collaboration between CDC, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, and the CDC Foundation. It provides city and census tract area estimates for chronic disease risk factors, health outcomes, and clinical preventive service use for the largest 500 cities in the US. In the State of Iowa, six cities were included in this project: Cedar Rapids, Davenport, Des Moines, Iowa City, Sioux City, and Waterloo. For more information about these indicators, go to www.cdc.gov/500Cities