Crew Member Opportunities (ages 15-18)
- Interested in working outside
- Eager to contribute positively to a team
- Attentive and receptive to instruction
- Able to responsibly use tools and follow safety guidelines
- Plan to move around a lot during Youth Corps. Days will involve standing, walking, sitting, squatting, kneeling, reaching, using hand tools, communicating, and other related tasks.
- Reasonable accommodations may be provided.
- The program is held outdoors where you may experience cold, heat, humidity, sunburn, insect bites, poison ivy, or other natural elements common in Iowa.
Get out of the house and work outside in parks this spring. We'll be socially distanced and masked when distance is not possible. We provide transportation for those who need it, equipment, tools, training, and food. For teenagers who want to make a difference in the outdoors.
- Work | 5 weeks - Tuesdays & Wednesdays after school + 3 Saturdays
- Meet | Hoover High School (Tues./Wed. 3:45-7pm, Sat. 8am-3:30pm)
- Dates | March 30, 31 + April 3, 6-7, 13-14, 17, 20-21, 27-28, 30 + May 1-2
- Earn | $400 Stipend + Overnight camping trip (April 30-May 2)
- Apply | Applications close February 21
Youth ages 15-18 form daytime summer crews. Teams of 10 teens and 2 adult leaders work on challenging projects and learn fun outdoor skills each week. Everyone earns a weekly stipend.
- Work | 4 weeks - Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Session 1: June 7-July 2
- Session 2: July 12-August 6
- Earn | $200 Stipend per week ($800 total) + 2-night camping trip in Iowa
- Apply | Applications close March 31
The 10-week fall session meets on Tuesdays and Wednesdays after school (4 p.m. -7 p.m.) and five Saturdays (8 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.). This crew experience will include two overnight camping trips in Iowa during the session, each one paired with one of our Saturday workdays.
- Work | 10 weeks - Tuesdays & Wednesdays after school + 5 Saturdays
- TBD for 2021, expect an update by mid-summer
- Earn |
- Apply | Applications will close in early August
Request notifications for fall or future positions: Click Here
Polk County is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, genetic information, the presence of disability or any other legally protected status. Persons of color, women, and veterans are encouraged to apply.