Precinct Election Officials
Every election day, hundreds of Precinct Election Officials are needed to staff polling places located throughout Polk County. As a PEO, you will be a key factor in how our citizens regard elections and it will be your job to ensure anyone who is eligible and wants to vote is given the opportunity.
Get paid to help voters in your community
- Precinct Election Officials are paid $10.00 per hour, plus mileage
- Precinct Captains are paid $14.00 per hour, plus mileage
Requirements for Precinct Election Official
- Must provide your own transportation to and from the polls
- Must be willing to work long hours (typically 6 AM -10 PM)
- Must be willing to attend a paid school of instruction prior to working
- iPad experience required
- Must have a email address
- Additional requirements if you are still in High School
What does a Precinct Election Official do?
- Assist in setting up the polling place before the polls open
- Check-in / register / update voter information using our Poll Pad system
- Distribute ballot to voter after check-in verification
- Help maintain an orderly process and ensures compliance of voting laws
- Assist in tearing down the polling place after the polls close.
Interested in Applying?
Polk County Election Office
120 2nd Ave., Suite A
Des Moines, IA 50309
Phone: (515) 286-3247
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/polkcountyelection
Precinct Captain Training for 2018 General Election
October 15 - 19 PCT Captain training (Open polls and greenside scenarios)
These videos are intended to be used by Polk County Precinct Captains for review purposes only. Full training sessions are approximately two hours in duration. These videos cannot be used as an alternative to attending the school of instruction. No warranty is intended or implied.
Please see Iowa Code for specific election senerios.
Please call 286-3247 with specific questions.