Precinct Election Officials
Every election day, hundreds of Precinct Election Officials are needed to staff polling places located throughout Polk County. As a PEO, you will be a key factor in how our citizens regard elections and it will be your job to ensure anyone who is eligible and wants to vote is given the opportunity.
Get paid to help voters in your community
- Precinct Election Officials are paid $13.00 (2021 rate) per hour, plus mileage
- Precinct Captains are paid $15.00 (2021 rate) per hour, plus mileage
Requirements for Precinct Election Official
- Must provide your own transportation to and from the polls
- Must be willing to work long hours (typically 6 AM - 9 PM)
- Must be willing to attend a paid school of instruction prior to working
- iPad experience required
- Must have a email address
- Additional requirements if you are still in High School
What does a Precinct Election Official do?
- Assist in setting up the polling place before the polls open
- Check-in / register / update voter information using our Poll Pad system
- Distribute ballot to voter after check-in verification
- Help maintain an orderly process and ensures compliance of voting laws
- Assist in tearing down the polling place after the polls close.
Interested in Applying? https://pollworker.iowa.gov/