CMS Preparedness Rules
On September 8, 2016 the Federal Register posted the final rule Emergency Preparedness Requirements for Medicare and Medicaid Participating Providers and Suppliers. The regulation goes into effect on November 16, 2016. Health care providers and suppliers affected by this rule must comply and implement all regulations one year after the effective date, on November 15, 2017.
The following links are available as resources to assist those affected by this rule with compliance and emergency preparedness compentencies.
- Emergency Preparendess Regulations Guidance from CMS.gov
- State Operations Manual Interpretive Guidance
- Assessing Facility Hazard Risk - PowerPoint Presentation from Safeguard Iowa Partnership, May 2017
- Primer on Preparedness (DRAFT) from Polk County EMA
- Hazard Vulnerability Analysis assessment spreadsheet
- Kaiser Permamente HVA spreadsheet template
- Safeguard Iowa Partnership's Business Emergency Guide/Flipbook
- Safeguard Iowa Partnership's Presentation on CMS Exercises
- California Association of Health Facilities Incident Command System Forms and Resources
- Polk County Hazard Mitigaiton Plan including the Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment