Rapid SOS - Emergency Health Profiles
Connecting your life-saving data with 911 dispatchers and emergency responders.
When you or a loved-one calls 911 from a smart phone with a registered Emergency Health Profile, it provides data you want to share with the 911 dispatcher, even when you are not able to verbalize the information. This includes:
- Your name
- Date of birth
- Your address and location
- Preexisting conditions
- Medical notes
- Emergency contacts
The technology allows dispatchers to accurately pinpoint your location even if you become unresponsive or do not know your location.
Your profile is accessible by a majority of 911 dispatch centers throughout Iowa and almost 5,000 emergency dispatch centers nationwide.
Create Your Emergency Health Profile
- To create a profile, you will need to have access to your smart phone and email account. Verification codes will be sent to both your email and cell phone. If you do not have an email address, you will need to create one before you create an emergency health profile
- Go to emergencyprofile.org & click the "Sign Up" box in the top right corner of the screen
- Enter your email address
- Enter your cell phone number
- Follow the password prompts for the creation of your account
- Please check your email for the verification code that was sent to your account. Enter the code from the email where it says “Confirmation code.”
- Please make sure to complete ALL sections of your profile in order to ensure first responders better assist you. These include: Name, Gender, Home Address, Emergency Contact, etc. Type “Domestic” before your first name under the “First name” box if there is history of domestic violence. Enter in any other relevant medical or non medical information that may be prevalent in a 911 call
- Lastly, A verification code will be sent to your cell phone number and you will need to type the code where it says “Confirmation code”
- Congratulations, you have successfully created your emergency health profile! Please keep your login information in a safe location.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What if my information changes? May I go back and edit my information?
A: Yes! Go to www.emergencyprofile.org and click "Sign In" Once you enter your email address and password associated with your account and sign in, click "Edit My Info" and proceed to update any relevant information.
Q: Is my information secure?
A: Yes! This information will be displayed to dispatchers who are able to share relevant information with fire, EMS, and law enforcement personnel to better assist you.
Q: Why can’t I find my verification code in my email?
A: If you do not see a verification code in your primary email inbox, check your junk, social, clutter, or promotions inboxes.
Q: Is there a cost for this service?
A: This service is provided at no cost by the Emergency Health Profile Association.
Q: I’m having issues with my account, how can I receive help?
A: If you are having issues with your account, please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org Please allow 2-4 business days for a response.
- Details and Videos from RapidSOS
- Emergency Health Profile One-Pager (.pdf)
- Quick registration instruction card (English)
- Quick registration instruction card (Spanish)