*We only take Passport Applications by Appointment. Please call 515-286-3160 to make an appointment. To Find a list of Passport Acceptance Facilities click here or you can find local USPS locations for Passports here.*
In order to get your passport you will need to provide one passport photo.
Your Photograph Must Be:
- In color
- 2 x 2 inches in size
- Printed on thin, photo-quality paper
- Taken within the past 6 months, showing current appearance
- Full face, front view with a plain white or off-white background
- Between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head
- Taken in normal street attire:
- Uniforms should not be worn in photographs except religious attire that is worn daily
- Do not wear a hat or headgear that obscures the hair or hairline
- If you normally wear a hearing device, wig or similar articles, they should be worn for your pictures.
- Glasses are not allowed in photos.
For your convenience, the Polk County Recorder's Office offers photo services on site. The charge for this service is $15.00.