*We only take Passport Applications by Appointment. Please call 515-286-3160 to make an appointment.*
In order to get your passport you will need to provide one passport photo.
Your Photograph Must Be:
- In color
- 2 x 2 inches in size
- Printed on thin, photo-quality paper
- Taken within the past 6 months, showing current appearance
- Full face, front view with a plain white or off-white background
- Between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head
- Taken in normal street attire:
- Uniforms should not be worn in photographs except religious attire that is worn daily
- Do not wear a hat or headgear that obscures the hair or hairline
- If you normally wear a hearing device, wig or similar articles, they should be worn for your pictures.
- Prescription glasses are optional. Dark glasses or nonprescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless you need them for medical reasons (a medical certificate may be required)
For your convenience, the Polk County Recorder's Office offers photo services on site. The charge for this service is $15.00.