Immunizations for International Travel
The purpose of the travel immunization clinic is to ensure that persons traveling outside the United States receive immunizations for vaccine-preventable diseases specific to their region of travel.
- Call to schedule a vaccine appointment as soon as you know you are traveling. Some vaccines require a greater length of time prior to travel.
- There is an administrative fee of $25 for the first vaccine and $10 for each additional vaccine, plus the cost of each vaccine PER person due at the time of service. We accept cash, check, credit and certain insurances. You should call your insurance carrier to check coverage.
- There is a 25 dollar fee for a malaria consult, which is not covered by insurance.
- Please bring insurance information to appointment.
- Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 3:15 p.m., Tuesday until 5:30 p.m. by appointment only at 515-286-3798
- Persons should bring their immunization records to the appointment.
- Vaccines needed will depend on travel destinations.
- Anyone who wishes to receive the yellow fever vaccine who is 60 years of age or over or has immunocompromsing health conditions must bring a note from their physician stating they are healthy enough to receive this vaccine.
For more information on Traveler's Health and vaccines: