Nurse Practitioner Services
We believe it is important for clients to have a medical home/primary care provider they see on an annual basis to establish a doctor/patient relationship, continuity of care and to optimize insurance coverage.
Nurse practitioner can see patients of all ages who are uninsured or under insured for the following services:
- physical examinations including Well-Child checks, school physicals and pre-employment physicals
- management of chronic diseases (patients wanting to make healthy lifestyle changes and choices) including but not limited to high cholesterol, diabetes and hypertension
- enroll patients in Iowa Get Screened Program (colorectal cancer screening)
- well women exams through Healthy Women Program
- assess adult immunization needs
Fees are charged for most services. We accept several insurances including Medicaid and Medicare and can work out a payment plans/arrangements for patients experiencing financial hardship.
Monday: 8:30 am - 3:15 pm
Tuesday: 8:30 am - 3:15 pm (Some Tuesdays until 6:00 pm)
Wednesday: 8:30 am - 3:15 pm
Thursday: 8:30 am - 3:15 pm
Friday: 8:30 am - 11:30 am
The Polk County Health Department is now providing women with affordable, reliable birth control options to prevent pregnancy and help with reproductive health.
We can provide women with the following services:
- Short-term birth control
- Long-term reversible birth control
- Birth control education and counseling
- Family planning education
- Pap tests and pelvic exams
- Colposcopy tests to detect cervical cancer
- Pregnancy tests
- Testing and treatment for sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV) vaccines
Our services are confidential. The Health Department accepts most major health insurances. Call (515) 286-3798 to set up an appointment.