Park Office Phone Number: 515-323-5338
Ranger Cell Phone Number: 515-249-3229
Diverse recreational experiences and the Jester Park Nature Center await visitors on 1,661 acres of land, located along the west shore of Saylorville Lake. Camping and picnicking are two favorite pastimes for many park users. Picnic tables and shelters are scattered throughout the park, accommodating small and large groups. The park also provides boat ramps, a natural playscape, fishing ponds, golf, horseback riding, snowmobile and hiking trails, four modern reservable cabins, a Lodge rental facility, and the Jester Park Nature Center. Birding is especially popular at Jester Park.
Jester Park's Recreational Facilities Include:
- Jester Park Nature Center
- Jester Park Outdoor Recreation & Wellness Center
- Jester Park Equestrian Center
- Jester Park Golf Course
- Jester Park Lodge
- Bison & Elk Herds
- Camping & Cabins
- Playground & Playscapes
- Hiking Trails
- Accessible Fishing Pier/Dock
- Boat Ramp
Reservations for the Modern Rental Cabin and some campsites can be made on-line at www.mycountyparks.com. Prices can be found here. Online reservations are available for camping between April 15 & October 15.
- Summer Hours | 6:30 a.m. - 10:30 p.m.
- Winter Hours | Sunrise to sunset
Friends of Jester Park is a collaborative program of Polk County Conservation and the Great Outdoors Foundation that provides more opportunities for outdoor fun and nature adventures!
Your membership support provides supplemental funds needed for operations to keep Easter Lake Park beautiful and enhance conservation and outdoor recreation programming.
- Basswood Trail: 0.3 miles | Difficulty: Moderate
- Camper's Loop Trail: 0.3 miles | Difficulty: Easy
- Stagecoach Trail: 0.2 miles | Difficulty: Moderate
- Red Cedar Trail: 0.4 miles | Difficulty: Easy
- Fox Run Trail: 0.4 miles | Difficulty: Moderate
- Hickory Ridge Trail: 0.7 miles | Difficulty: Easy
- Discovery Trail: 0.5 miles | Difficulty: Easy
- Lakeshore Trail: 5 miles | Difficulty: Moderate