Polk County Conservation has four campgrounds within a half-hour of downtown Des Moines.
- Advance reservations are available on a select number of reservable campsites.
- Most of the sites are offered as first-come, first-served.
- Campsite Reservation Agreement
- Rules & Regulations
- Out of State Firewood is Prohibited
- First-come, first-served campers should set up camp on their site before registering.
- Campground showerhouses are open mid-April through mid-October.
- Reservable rates are $25 for electric sites and $20 for non-electric.
- First-come, first-served camping rates are $25 for electric sites and $20 for non-electric.
- Campgrounds are closed from December 1 - March 31 (except to walk-in tent camping, which is allowed year-round).
- Discount 7-day rate camping booklets are available to the general public by calling 515-323-5300 or by inquiring in person at the Administration Office. The 7-day rate for electric sites is $150 ; non-electric is $120. These discounts do not apply to online reservations. This discount booklet is available for non-consecutive stays under 7 days.
- Youth Campground rates are $25.
- Firewood is available for purchase at all parks.
- Campground cooking recipes can be found here to try out on your next camping trip!
Online reservations can be made up to one year in advance for reservable campsites in each of these parks.
- Reservations and prices for campsites can be made at www.mycountyparks.com. Online reservations are available for camping between April 1 and November 30. Maximum length of stay is 14 days.